Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.florafaunafavourites.co.uk
This Privacy Notice applies to use of www.florafaunafavourites.co.uk and any products, services and material of any kind available through the Website. Florafaunafavourites is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to its Website. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you when you visit the Website, buy Products from us or otherwise provide your personal data to us. It provides you with details about the types of personal data that we collect from you, how we use your personal data and the rights you have to control our use of your personal data.
What personal information do we collect about you?
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Using our services
When you access and move around Florafaunafavourites, register an Account with Florafaunafavourites or purchase a Product from Florafaunafavourites, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- a username and password;
- billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number(s);
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details;
- correspondence with and from Florafaunafavourites;
- information about your use of Florafaunafavourites, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us.
When you sign up to Florafaunafavourites and agree to our terms and conditions, we need to process certain data that allows Florafaunafavourites:
- to provide the Florafaunafavourites service to you in accordance with our agreement;
- to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- to process payments you make for Products;
- to provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication in relation to the products or services you have purchased.
For legitimate business reasons we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and data processors (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Payment processing companies
- Delivery and courier services
- Fraud prevention companies
We will not share your data with any other categories of organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- The right to receive a copy of your data free of charge
- The right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate
- The right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances
To discuss any of these rights, please contact Customer Services.
We employ significant technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- ensure no-one else uses Florafaunafavourites through your Account;
- log off or exit from your Florafaunafavourites Account when not using it;
- keep your password or other access information secret;
- use different passwords for different services you use online
- ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Updates to this notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 20 September 2019. Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this Notice.